Step Down RN - Step Down Nurse (Morton)
Compensation: $69,820.00 - $96,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Step Down Nurses are Registered Nurses that specifically work with stable patients that need specialized monitoring and care. Patients on the Step Down unit are acutely ill and require close monitoring however their condition is not critical enough to require admission to the ICU, conversely patients leaving the ICU may need to go to step down for closer monitoring then the med surg/tele floors can provide. Step Down nurses have extensive knowledge of disease and pathology, they are proficient in cardiac monitoring and utilize critical thinking when assessing, monitoring and implementing care plans. Step down nurses prepare the patient for discharge through encouraging therapies, educating and providing emotional support. They report any changes in condition to the physician and work well with an interdisciplinary team. Step down nurses are able to recognize and act quickly in an emergency.One year current experience in a Step Down, Intermediate Care Unit or ICU required. BCLS and ACLS certification required.Duties and Responsibilities:Physical Demands:
The physical effort routinely required to accomplish work activities includes lifting and transferring clients (ability to lift at least 50 pounds), prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching, ability to move heavy objects, visual acuity, keeping track of acuity, manual dexterity, the ability to write legibly and the ability to perform and maintain CPR and ACLS certification.Accountability
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.Required Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)
Associated topics: care, ccu, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse rn, psychatric, psychiatric
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...