Assist and support current Engineering team with projects, while learning and gaining experience in fenestration product design and production. Ability to advance within the department by becoming proficient in design and development, while obtaining a better understanding of the business and its requirements. Tasks will include 3D modeling and documentation of our products and/or machinery. This position will provide an opportunity for growth and learning our products while supporting the needs of the business.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting level I/II/III Engineers in product design/modification and documentation
- Create 3D models of fenestration products and/or production machinery.
- Develop product documentation including detailed part drawings, bill of materials, and product assembly drawings
- Tests proto-types to analyze design, operation and performance of new or enhanced parts/products
- Work closely with other Engineers and Manufacturing team members to continuously improve manufacturability and process design
- Prioritize workload to ensure that deliverables are completed in timelines that meet customer expectations
- Responsible for maintaining an individual project schedule to maximize task efficiency, prioritization, and communication
- Adhere to existing and assist in continuous improvement of MI Windows and Doors engineering standards
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associates Degree in a related field with at least 10 years experience
- Previous experience in Design Engineering preferred
- Proficient using 2D and 3D computer aided drafting/design software, Solidworks 3D experience preferred
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Practical knowledge of process improvement tools: Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, Five S, etc.
- Strong mechanical analysis, problem-solving, concept modeling, and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of MIWD products or other fenestration related industry, processes, and systems or similar business practices is a plus, but not required.
- Strong passion, high energy, and enthusiasm for growth
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and ability to set priorities for multiple tasks.
- High level of customer focus both internally and external
- Ability to effectively communicate in written or verbal manner with individuals from all areas of the organization.
- Ability to work in a production environment, if required.
- Ability to self-start and work independently
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or travel depending on the needs of the department and/or business
Associated topics: aerodynamic, assembly, autocad, boiler, brakes, chassis, fluid, motor, naval, propulsion