Loco Pez taqueria and bar in Fishtown is hiring for evening line cooks. Our kitchen is a relaxed, fast paced, fun environment looking for the perfect fit, with room for advancement in our rapidly expanding company. The ideal candidate will have one year experience in a high volume, from-scratch kitchen, with full weekend availability. Please consult the job description below, we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Title: Line Cook
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Summary of position:
Accurately and efficiently prepare all menu items and ensure that quality consistently meets restaurant standards established by management. Ensure that line station is properly set according to established par levels both before service and after service prior to the next shift. Perform all duties related to timely turnout of orders and ensure that all food safety guidelines are followed as directed by management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of menu items including, but not limited to, meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, beans, rice, and tortillas.
- Follows strict food safety guidelines including, but not limited to, controls for time and temperature, covering and labeling food items, cold storage times and temperatures
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Preps sufficient levels of knifework and other assigned prep items for to assure sufficient par levels for service. Follows par levels set by Kitchen Manager to ensure prep levels are sufficient for the following service.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, griddles, salamanders, fryers, saut burners, ovens, ranges and refrigeration equipment.
- Reports to a Kitchen Manager any maintenance issues or equipment in need of repair.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Reports to a kitchen manager any issues with food quality or freshness.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows procedure as set by the Kitchen Manager for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
More detail about Loco Pez, please visit
Associated topics: cocinera de la preparacion, cocinera de produccion, cocinero, cocinero de la parrilla, cocinero de la preparacion, commercial kitchen, kitchen, line cook, sandwich, stove