*Posted Date:* Jan 7, 2019
* We have an opening for a full-time *COLD FOOD (SALAD/DELI) *position.
* *Location*: Incyte, 200 Mighty Oak Lane, Chadds Ford, PA 19317. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: F/T schedule; Monday through Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm.
* *Requirement*: Previous experience & excellent customer service skills preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nation's premier hospitality company, operating over 100 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Toronto. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the world's leading foodservice organization.
*Full time associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Cuts delicatessen meats, vegetables and cheeses with slicing machine, knives or other cutters. Prepares and serves sandwiches, salads and other cold food items.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Obtains daily production schedule and preparation requirements from Chef.
* Prepares sandwich meats, cheeses, condiments and salads using approved production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Stocks and replenishes deli/cold products and condiments following approved merchandising guidelines.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstation, stove and refrigerator.
* Stores food in designated areas following HACCP standard wrapping, dating and rotation procedures.
* Cleans, sanitizes and maintains counters, work surfaces, refrigeration units and floors in the preparation and serving areas.
* Places meat, cheese or vegetables on cutting board and cuts slices to designated thickness. Positions and clamps meat or cheese on carriage of slicing machine. Adjusts knob to set machine for desired thickness. Presses button to start motor that moves carriage past rotary blade that slices meats and cheeses.
* Interacts with coworkers to ensure compliance with company service standards, inventory and cash control procedures.
* Maintains clean, safe work environment to comply with sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 239890
Associated topics: baker, cafeteria, cocinera, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinero, commercial, complimentary, dinner, meat cutter, restaurant cook