The Electronics Business Unit (EBU) is seeking a Software Engineer to join ANSYS development team. The successful candidate will participate in the design, development, support, and maintenance of new and existing meshing algorithms to be used in industry-leading electromagnetics simulation products such as HFSS, Maxwell, SIwave, etc. This role is part of an ongoing effort to expand the capabilities and advance the performance, and quality of meshing algorithms for large scale electronics applications. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for development, support, and maintenance of new and existing finite element meshing algorithms used in electronics simulation products. Performs product design and development activities which may require research and analysis.
- Participate in the entire development process including specification, planning, scheduling, development, testing, and support. Employ best software practices.
- Work with QA and proxy customers to assess the needs and develop solutions. Work across multiple teams to advance meshing algorithms.
- Understand, employ, and maintain best software practices through design and code review, testing, and validation.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field, or a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field with three or more years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience developing mesh generation algorithms for CFD, Mechanical/Stress, or Electromagnetics applications.
- Strong software development experience using C++. Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
CULTURE AND VALUES
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of ACIS geometry kernel is desired.
- Knowledge of unstructured tetrahedral or triangle mesh generation is desired.
- Prior experience with HPC software development is a plus.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is a plus.
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Associated topics: algorithm, application, backend, c++, develop, java, perl, python, software developer, software engineer